How to become a member
- MALC is a consortium of academic libraries ( universities, degree colleges and colleges). It is also open to research libraries that require access to academic resources.
- Members pay an annual fee and participate in consortium tasks.
- Members must have Internet access with a public IP address and should have IT staff or contracted IT support to manage and maintain IT infrastructure.
Types of membership
There are two types of MALC membership:
Full member – academic libraries from universities, degree colleges and colleges.
Associate member – research libraries that require access to academic resources.
How to become a MALC member
- Send a letter to the MALC President asking to join the Consortium. Your request for membership will be discussed by the Board of Members. If the response is positive, you will receive a formal letter inviting you to join MALC.
- You must then sign the MALC Memorandum of Understanding and Membership Agreement; provide us with contact information by filling in the New Member Information Form, and information about IT by filling in the Technological Infrastructure Form.
- Pay member fees to the MALC account.
- An Annual Membership fee is decided by the Board of Members by a majority of votes and is adjusted annually. For 2019 the fee is set for 120,000 MMK. The fee covers membership from 1 October 2019 till 30 September 2020.
- Full members and Associate members pay the same fee. They receive the same benefits, except that Associate members are not eligible to serve on the Board of Members.
- Annual fee payment should be made in October, the beginning of the Fiscal year, to the MALC’s account.
- New members can join at any time, and will be charged the annual fee amount.